- Frozen mussels
- Seasoned fish roe
- 1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay out a baking pan and put aluminum foil on top (for easy clean up).
- Lay out the amount of mussels you want to bake
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the fish roe. You can use probably 1/4 cup of fish roe, and add a little salt and pepper for taste.
- Put a spoonful of the mayonnaise fish row on each mussel, then bake for 12-15 minutes.
This is a dish that I really like and enjoyed making. My mom used to make this for me and my brother every now and then, and I never realized how simple it was to make it. The preparation really only took me about 10 minutes. Not a big deal.
For the fish roe, I went to my local Asian market, and in the cold/frozen section where they tend to sell stuff for sushi, like salmon fillets and pink ginger and stuff, I found packaged fish roe. My mom mentioned that sometimes they come in a can, but I haven’t seen it yet. The fish roe I bought came seasoned, but I don’t really know what kind of seasoning was added to it.
Try this out, it’s a quick dinner..and definitely can feed quite a few people. The frozen mussels I bought came from a box which was only around $5. I only made half of the box, and it was enough to feed myself, Nicole, and even my roommate. So try this out!